Does life after death exist? Well, according to the Christian faith it does.
In fact, it is one of the foundational pillars holding Christianity together.
After all, if there is no heaven to look forward to, then why would Christians face the tremendous persecution, suffering, imprisonment and death that they must suffer for their faith in so many areas of the world today?
The truth is that tens of millions of Christians have been killed for their faith throughout history, and millions more will be killed for their faith in the years ahead.
So why get yourself killed if there is no heaven? And if there is no hell, then why fear God?
After all, it certainly seems like a lot of powerful men and women are getting away with extreme wickedness and are enjoying life. Why not cheat and oppress people as long as you can get away with it?
If this life is all we have, shouldn’t we be focusing on our own personal enjoyment as much as possible? Why waste time on religion if there is no afterlife?
As the apostle Paul preaches in 1 Corinthians 15:12-19, life after death is a doctrine that is absolutely central to the Christian faith…..
But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are to be pitied more than all men.
In fact, down in verse 32, the apostle Paul is even more blunt: If the dead are not raised, “Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.”
But there is life after death.
You cannot believe the Scriptures without believing that there is life after death. Just consider the following examples…..
- Matthew 25:46…..”Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”
- John 3:16…..”For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
- John 3:36…..Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.”
- John 5:24…..”I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.
- John 6:40…..For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
- John 11:25…..Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies”
- Romans 5:21…..so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
- Romans 6:23.….For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
- 2 Thessalonians 1:6-10…..God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. He will punish those who do not know God and do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. They will be punished with everlasting destruction and shut out from the presence of the Lord and from the majesty of his power on the day he comes to be glorified in his holy people and to be marveled at among all those who have believed. This includes you, because you believed our testimony to you.
- Titus 1:2…..a faith and knowledge resting on the hope of eternal life, which God, who does not lie, promised before the beginning of time
- Titus 3:7.….so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
- 1 John 5:11-13.….And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life.
- Revelation 20:15.….If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
So hopefully you can clearly see that the belief in eternal life is absolutely fundamental to the Christian faith.
But does life after death actually exist?
Well, on this website we have put together one of the most comprehensive collections of life after death stories that you will find anywhere on the Internet. Some of the stories are near death experiences. Other stories are from people who claim that they were given a vision of heaven or a vision of hell while they were still alive.
Is every story true? That is for you to decide. But what is so remarkable is that so many different people from all over the globe have had such similar experiences.
Are they all lying? Are they all imagining the exact same things?
The truth is that these stories represent something very, very real.
Life after death exists, and each day the time that you have remaining on this earth gets shorter. We would ask that you think about that as you read and watch the following remarkable testimonies from people who have actually been to the other side….
Don Piper– 90 Minutes in Heaven: A True Story of Death and Life Amazon
Bill Wiese– 23 Minutes In Hell By Bill Wiese Amazon
Daniel Ekechukwu–I Believe in Heaven: Real Stories from the Bible, History and Today Amazon
Mary K Baxter– A Divine Revelation Of Hell, A Divine Revelation Of Heaven – Amazon
Atheist Howard Storm–My Descent Into Death: A Second Chance at Life- Amazon
Ian McCormack –Clinically Dead: I’ve Seen Heaven and Hell- Amazon
Choo Thomas–Heaven Is So Real: Expanded with Testimonials Amazon
Angie Fenimore- Beyond the Darkness Amazon
Roberts Liardon–Why The Devil Doesn’t Want You To Pray In Tongues Amazon
Bryan Melvin -A Land Unknown: Hell’s Dominion- Amazon
Howard Pittman-Demons: An Eyewitness Account- Amazon
Oden Hetrick-Inside the Gates of Heaven- Amazon
Anna Rountree-Heaven Awaits the Bride: A Breathtaking Glimpse of Eternity- Amazon
Dr. Michael Yeager-Horrors of Hell, Splendors of Heaven- Amazon
Betty Malz -My Glimpse of Eternity Amazon
Earthquake Kelley -Bound to Lose Destined to Win- Amazon
Richard Madison-Raised from the Dead- Amazon
Maurice Rawlings– To Hell and Back Amazon